Thursday, December 26, 2024

February 2024

 Janie performed with the District Honors Band and knocked it out of the park. Whoever wrote the program, however, did NOT knock it out of the park with spelling. It was fun to have several friends come to see her in her concert.




I like to remember these fun little tidbits.


My students made cute little hand pies for Valentines Day and I used up the leftover ingredients to share with teachers at school. They're pretty as a picture!


Logan came up with these brilliant first in first out shelves to help organize our food storage. What would I do without him?


February was a big month for the family. Logan was called as the bishop of our ward. It wasn't a complete surprise, but we were all still in shock from the call. The Lord helped prepare Logan in many ways, and He also helped to prepare my heart and mind to support Logan. I was sad to be released as Young Women's President as a result. But I'm grateful that I will still get to associate with these amazing youth through their friendship with my kids and through Logan's calling. We had a party with the youth and I love seeing them associate together.




Janie and a couple of her friends decided to put together a Bake Sale. They did most of the work and they got a pretty good haul from it.





The sweet activity day kids heart attacked the bishop's office door. The love and support the ward has shown to Logan and our family in his new calling has been a strength and truly inspiring. What a blessing good people can be to each other!



The boys and I enjoyed a mother/son date on a pretty day. These two have the best relationship.



We dropped Janie off to complete her first 5K in the Chocolate Run with friends and then go to her first stake dance that night. We headed up to Atlanta to go take turns going to the temple and then on to Athens to see Carli in her All State Chorus concert. It's one of her favorite experiences to be with other talented musicians who enjoy putting their passion, time, energy and work into the music. We love seeing her in her element.




We took the boys to a college basketball game. I forgot how much I love watching basketball (and prefer it over football...).

No comments: