Wednesday, December 25, 2024

May 2023

 I love getting pictures of these two together at school.


My cute young women at the Cinco de Mayo dance photo booth.


This is a true two-story house. A robin made the bottom nest last year and we never cleared it out. This year some swallows built a nest right on top of the old one to raise their little family. We had a fun time tracking their growth - except for the poop... we could have done without the mess on the front porch.


Milo's QUEST teacher sent me this picture. He timed how long it took him to solve all 13 cubes from the QUEST classroom.


Janie sang with the women's ensemble at school.



Carli and Janie helped make my last FCCLA meeting a success. We made pizzas and celebrated the end of school together.


My officers.


The best/cutest teacher appreciation gift! Homemade cinnamon rolls.


End of the year concerts in chorus and band. These two aren't just beautiful, they're talented too!




We love Mr. Johnson!



It's been one year since Mom passed away. I can still see the scar on my hand where I rubbed the skin raw scratching her back the last time I was able to visit her. I'm grateful for the reminder of the small service I could do for her after the lifetime she spent serving me. She is still a blessing to me everyday.


These sweet girls are smarties too! Carli received the highest ELA grade and the highest overall GPA in her grade.




The wax museum is one of our favorite 3rd grade traditions. Milo made a fantastic Alexander Graham Bell (even if he wasn't quite sure how to hold that telephone...).



Janie spent the day with her dad for the 7th grade job shadow day. Her favorite part was going to lunch with him. Not too sure if she'll become an epidemiologist, but she enjoyed the day nonetheless.


I love seeing these young women spend time with each other. They really can't get enough of each other.


Janie received Principal's Honor Roll at the middle school honors night. Beautiful and smart!


These boys discovered baseball games with Dad and loved every minute. Especially hunting for foul balls that came their direction.


I made a quick trip out to see Dad for a weekend to be with him on the anniversary of Mom's passing. It meant a lot to me and to him to be able to spend that time together. 






I stopped in Dallas on the way home and got to eat at one of our favorite places from the time we lived there. Brought back so many memories of good food, times and friends.


Not surprisingly, Tad got the "Math Whiz" award at his end of the year recognition party.



Milo swept nearly all the top GPA awards this year and was very proud to stand next to Mr. Yawn to receive his recognition.



My teacher friend finished out her job on this day and I caught a sweet photo of the sentiments of that moment.


The birds hatched but they sure aren't cute yet.


This was a fun memory from a moment at the beginning of the year. I feel like I've come a long way from the first day of school.


What will we do with all the smarties we have in this house?



Girls night for a friend's birthday!



Another Math Whiz!


Moving day for my friend, Alisha. :(




No comments: