Friday, December 27, 2024

November 2024

 Homecoming isn't usually in November, but we don't usually miss two weeks of school because of hurricanes. The girls' friend Annie came and helped Carli and Janie get ready for the game. No, it's not a dance. Around here we dress up to go to the football game. So strange to me... But, they looked beautiful nonetheless!



Family picture time! This one we took to celebrate Cousin Caleb's 1 year mark with the camel.


Logan's 7th annual birthday celebration!



Janie's volleyball team came in first place! I loved watching her improve in skill and confidence. Her team really came together because of her positive, friendly and outgoing attitude.



I got to get away from my classroom for a little bit to visit the boys at school for Thanksgiving lunch. (I forgot to get a picture with Tad.)


Janie has really enjoyed art class the last couple of years and made this beautiful collage owl. (Barn, not Snowy...)


We started the year with a goal to run a 5K. Janie completed her goal in February with the Chocolate Run, but we weren't able to compete in that one and our training fell off until the fall. I was determined to check that one off my list, so Logan, Milo and I trained for four weeks to be ready for the Turkey Trot. Milo really worked on bringing his time down for a mile run, only to be disappointed that the "Fun Run" was only a race around the block. He did great and kept a good attitude. Logan reached his goal of running it in under 30 minutes and I came in 3 minutes later. The fun part was finding out we both received 3rd place in our age/gender categories. Twinning!




How did 17 get here SO fast?! She is so beautiful and has every good attribute you could think of. We are so grateful for her part in our family. She keeps us laughing, is responsible and good-natured. She has happily taken her place as the 3rd driver in the family and drives herself and everyone else where they need to go. She took her SAT and blew it out of the park. She is the friend everyone knows they are beyond blessed to have. She hasn't quite figured out just how thoroughly good she is in every way, but I know it and I think I'll convince her someday.



11 is a big milestone for Milo because he is VERY excited to move into the Young Mens program in January, start passing the Sacrament and attending the temple. He really wanted me to make a Book of Mormon or temple cake, but I keep trying to convince him that cake decorating isn't really my thing. Milo is wise beyond his years and smart beyond his grade level. He is a good friend and brother and thankfully still loves a good snuggle from his parents. His dad is his favorite sounding board. We sure love this kid!


Our traditional Christmas shopping trip to Tanger Outlets. Ironically, we spent a lot of time sitting on a bench ordering sibling gifts online. No photo evidence of it, but we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our friends and our traditional pie night and volleyball at the church with several ward families.


Grammie helped set up a time for us to meet her good friends from their mission who were in our neck of the woods for Thanksgiving. It was fun to meet them and I know it meant a lot to Lori.


We were so excited to finally have a good lemon harvest this year! Usually we have a late freeze that keeps us from having any fruit, but this year we are enjoying plenty of lemonade, lemon curd, lemon bread and lemon bars!

No comments: