Thursday, December 26, 2024

September 2023

 Some of my officers attended an FCCLA meeting with me.


This year I decided to invite more guest speakers to my classroom. It was fun to have a local, well-known banker come and speak to my 8th graders.


Janie and her friend got their ears pierced together. It was a little traumatic, but they both pulled through and it was a fun memory for both of them.



Carli was inducted into Beta Club.



Janie played in the band for a football game.


Another FCCLA trip.


Carli sang with the Star Spangled Banner group at the opening parade of the Peanut Festival.


So much basil! It continues to be my most consistent (and usually the sole) backyard crop. We love filling the freezer with homemade pesto to use throughout the year.


Braces. Not thrilled. At all. After a year and a half of Invisalign (and Janie starting it and finishing it), I had one tooth that just did not want to budge. So, on with the braces. I was not happy, but I really wanted the whole process to be successful. And many of my students loved the fact that I got them. And it put me in my place when several of them talked about being jealous because they want them.


This photo was texted to me from a friend who gushed over Logan teaching seminary on the fly in the parking lot of the church. He really is such a good man. To add a little reality to it though... when I showed him the text later he admitted he'd been asked to teach and had forgotten, which is why he is wearing his workout clothes and didn't bring his church key. :) Still the best man I know.


I work with the best team at school. We were "forced" to have a breakfast together, but we loved every minute of it.


Back in 2020 we submitted photos and the story of Janie and Logan building the Free Little Library. This month it was published as a story in The Friend. It brought some sweet memories of Mom/Grandma since she was the one who encouraged Janie to submit it. We adore the illustrations, especially that sweet red-headed girl standing next to the library. 


The process of finding a Homecoming dress is never a very fun one. We had some stressful moments and a few tears shed, but Carli finally found a dress she was happy with and she agreed to let me make a few adjustments to it so I would also be happier with it. She was a beauty in it!




The things you just don't anticipate as a parent... Janie showed up to school with two different shoes on. Funny enough, it's not the first time a child in the family has done that. So, what did Mom do? I traded shoes with her. Luckily I had a little time during my planning period to go home and get different shoes so I didn't have to spend the whole day like that.


Another guest speaker.


Another stake activity - that ended in a meal at Costco. 





Milo's QUEST field trip.


Milo had been working with a counselor the last couple of years. Ms. Heather was working on several social and emotional skills with him and determined he was ready to graduate from her services. We are so proud of this boy and the progress he made!

No comments: