Thursday, December 26, 2024

January 2024

Our year started out with getting a brand new van. The old van has had a few problems and right before Christmas it caused us to change our plans to go visit Will and Chelsea and Grammie and Papa in Indiana. We didn't feel comfortable taking it on long trips anymore, so we decided it was time to get a new one. I LOVE our new Sienna and am grateful for the luxuries of it everyday.

Carli had an eye appointment in Savannah and had also learned several hymns on the piano, so Logan treated her to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. Lucky girl and dad.


Logan went to a professional conference and had some time to go on a hike. I love that he makes time to do his favorite things.


Janie tried out for District Honor Band and made the cutoff to try out for All State Band as well. She is a very talented and accomplished musician.


I don't know if the height competition will ever end...


I went back to work, but the fun and games at home didn't end. If you're wondering, ytterbium and eudicots are indeed words and they did indeed come from the mind of our 11-year-old. How did he know those words, you ask? He read about them in books.




I had the pleasure of being with these youth for the stake ice skating activity. There's nowhere I'd rather spend my time than with this group.




We had an archery night with the young women that was a blast. We have a few resident Catniss's in our midst.


Such pretty hair!


This year my professional conference was at Great Wolf Lodge, so I stole the girls away from school for a few days to relax by the pool and have some fun together. It was such a good choice to bring them along. Next year we're going to convince the whole clan to come along. While we were gone, Logan kept up on our couch to 5k training we started at Thanksgiving.







Logan is getting ready for Easter already with these beautiful tomb sets.

No comments: